Münster, May 27th – 29th, 2011
The grenzfrei festival is, due to our preparations, developing fast. More and more supporters and dedicated people join in the movement, and let our plans and ideas become more concrete. At our last weekend of planning we have developed several thematic issues that will constitute the content of the festival.
The transregional festival wants to create a platform for migrants, drawing on existing nationwide structures, and including many already active persons and organizations. We want to move on, and develop, mobilize many new people, and strengthen the networking – And gather momentum for the future and future actions.
The festival will be in Münster this spring, May 27th – 29th, 2011. Events will take place in several locations in the city and shall refer to four core themes. We want to organize a wide range of different workshops, discussions, action, drama, art and more – in order to act, to discuss, and to draw attention.
The main topics will be:
- no refugee camp (camp-systems, isolation, residential obligation, German social welfare Law for asylum seekers)
- Contact: nolager(a)grenzfrei-festival.org
- no border (borders and national states, border policy, Fortress Europe, Frontex, illegality, causes of flight and other backgrounds, (neo)colonialism, etc.)
- Contact: noborder(a)grenzfrei-festival.org
- no deportation (deportations and interventions, custody prior to deportation, etc.)
- Contact: bleiben(a)grenzfrei-festival.org
- no racism (structural racism, racism in day-to-day life, empowerment)
- Contact: antira(a)grenzfrei-festival.org
We will be very happy if many people make smaller or larger contributions to the festival in order to make the festival a wide and colorful event. So if you have one or more ideas or if you have something related to share, do not hesitate and contact us as soon as possible via the above mentioned contact details!
Of course there is also going to be music. So if you know bands, DJs, or musicians who want to play at the festival, or whom we could ask, please contact us: kultur(a)grenzfrei-festival.org
We are sorry that we will not be able to pay fees. However, we want to pay travel costs – please keep those to a minimum. Accommodation – in gyms, tents or shared apartments – will also be provided.
If you have general questions or suggestions, just ask us: kontakt(a)grenzfrei-festival.org.
More information can be found at: www.grenzfrei-festival.org.
Join in and help to make the grenzfrei festival a big and successful anti-racist sign!
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
The grenzfrei group.